To enable this feature in Windows, you need to modify the Group Policy for your account:
- Run: gpedit.msc (or search for "Group Policy")
- Under "Computer Configuration", "Windows Settings", "Security Settings", "Local Policies" click on "User Rights Assignment"
- In the right pane double-click the option "Lock Pages in Memory"
- Click on "Add User or Group" and add your account or "Everyone"
- You may have to logoff or reboot for the change to take effect
Very often large pages will only be available shortly after booting Windows. After a while the Windows memory becomes too fragmented for large page allocation, and Houdini will fall back to standard memory page usage.